Today, many individuals practice a vegan lifestyle, which does not allow the consumption of eggs or egg products. Other individuals suffer from food intolerances and allergies to eggs, which limit the variety of foods that they can enjoy. Fortunately, there is an array of alternative, homemade foods that these individuals can continue to eat. One of those alternative foods is egg-less brownies. For individuals who are vegan, intolerant to eggs, or allergic to eggs, there are some great, healthy, egg-less brownie recipes available to them. A healthy recipe for egg-less brownies can be both nutritious and delicious. Provided below is an outstanding recipe for homemade, healthy, egg-less brownies.
Thick and Chewy, Egg-Free Brownie Recipe
1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of non-hydrogenated margarine
1/4 cup of canola oil
2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 cups of white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of agave syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of whole-wheat flour
2-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Note: For the healthiest brownies, individuals should select organic ingredients whenever they may be available and/or affordable. Today, most major supermarkets provide quality, organic products for reasonable prices.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper.
3. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour and the 1 cup of water. Stir this mixture over medium heat until it has thickened. Once the mixture has thickened, pour it into a medium-sized mixing bowl and set it aside to cool.
4. In another medium-sized saucepan, add the 1/2 cup of non-hydrogenated margarine. Melt the butter over medium heat. Next, add the 1/4 cup of canola oil and the 2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder to the melted butter. Stir until the mixture is smooth and turn off the heat.
5. In a separate bowl, stir together the 1-1/2 cups of white sugar, the 1/2 cup of brown sugar, the 1 tablespoon of agave syrup, and the 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Add this mixture to the cooled, flour mixture from above. Stir until combined.
6. In another medium-sized bowl, combine the 1-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour, the 1 cup of whole wheat flour, the 2-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, and the 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir these ingredients together and add them to the wet mixture from number.
7. Spoon the brownie batter into the prepared 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. The brownies will be done when a toothpick inserted into their center comes out with a few crumbs attached to it.
8. Allow the brownies to cool completely and then flip the brownie pan over onto a cutting board. Slice the brownies into sections and enjoy!
Leave a Comment