It is well-known that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What many of us do not understand is why this meal is so essential. Ultimately, breakfast provides you with an optimal opportunity to restore your body with nutritious and delicious foods. Healthy, homemade muffins are foods that can provide you with lasting sustenance and many nutritional benefits. Provided below is a description of the many benefits of healthy, homemade muffins, as well as an awesome recipe for them.
Benefits of Healthy Muffins
There is no doubt that healthy, homemade muffins can provide you with a breakfast that satisfies both your appetite and your body. Not only can healthy muffins be delicious to eat, they can also be affordable to make. In addition, if you are always busy, healthy, homemade muffins can provide you with quick, convenient sources of fuel. Most importantly, healthy, homemade muffins contain an array of beneficial nutrients that keep your body and mind functioning smoothly. These beneficial nutrients include: fiber for digestive health, B vitamins for energy and proper metabolic functions, healthy fats for brain and heart function, and antioxidants to support cell growth and repair. It is important to note that the addition of blueberries, raspberries, bananas, and/or nuts to healthy, homemade muffins can enhance their nutritional value immensely. All in all, healthy muffins are an awesome “superfood.”
How to Bake Healthy Muffins
A. First, you must obtain the ingredients that are required to bake healthy muffins. Keep in mind that it is desirable to select organic ingredients whenever they may be available and/or affordable. Today, local supermarkets offer some quality organic products for decent prices. The ingredients for the healthy, homemade muffins recipe are provided below.
2 large eggs
2/3 cup of packed brown sugar
1 cup of buttermilk
1 cup of unprocessed wheat bran
1/4 cup of canola oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
B. Now you are ready to compile your ingredients into a nutritious muffin batter. Provided below are the instructions for mixing your ingredients and baking your healthy muffins.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease your muffin pan with cooking spray.
3. Stir the eggs and brown sugar together in a bowl until the mixture is smooth.
4. Add the buttermilk, wheat bran, canola oil, and vanilla to the above mixture. Stir until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, add the whole-wheat flour, the all-purpose flour, the baking powder, the baking soda, the cinnamon, and the salt. Stir these ingredients together.
6. Add the wet ingredients from above to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
7. For additional nutrients, add a cup of berries and/or a few tablespoons of walnuts to your muffin batter.
8. Bake your muffins in your preheated oven for approximately 15 to 25 minutes. The muffins will be done when their tops turn golden brown.
9. Allow your muffins to cool in their pan for a few minutes. Then, remove the muffins from their pan and allow them to cool on a wire rack.
C. Enjoy your healthy, homemade muffins! Your body and mind will thank you for all of the awesome nutrients that healthy, homemade muffins provide it with.