Many different meal entrees can be created using cube steaks. The cube steak is a versatile cute of meat that can be prepared using a variety of different cooking methods, recipe dishes and seasonings. When cooked correctly these entrees can make for very delicious meals for you, your family and dinner guests.
Pan Frying Cube Steak
Pan frying is one of the quickest methods for cooking cube steaks. This method works best with fresh meat instead of frozen or thawed cube steaks.
1. Make a coating mix for your cube steak using flour, salt, pepper and any other spices that you may desire for your cube steak. Completely coat your cube steaks with the coating mix. For faster cooking times you can cut your cube steaks in half.
2. Preheat a frying pan with a small amount of oil. Place your coated cube steaks in the frying pan. And cook the cube steaks thoroughly turning them over once during the cooking time to make sure the cube steaks are cooked on both sides.
3. When the cube steaks are thoroughly cooked pour water over them until they are completely covered. Bring this to a boil. Reduce the temperature and allow the cube steaks to simmer for as long as you would like. The longer that the cube steaks simmer the more tender they will become.
4. Remove the cube steaks from the pan and serve with dishes such as steamed vegetables and rice pilaf. You can cover the cube steaks with gravy if you would like such as a mushroom or country style gravy.
Baking Cube Steaks In The Oven
Baked cube steaks are very easy to prepare and are full of rich, wonderful flavor that will make your mouth water.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using fresh or thawed cube steaks rub them completely with seasoning salt and place in a shallow glass baking dish.
3. Fill the baking dish with water until the cube steaks are completely covered. Place onion over the cube steaks. You can add green pepper and mushrooms if you would like. Cover your baking dish completely.
4. Place your cube steaks in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
Grilling Cube Steaks
Grilled cube steaks make an excellent substitution for the traditional hamburger. However, because cube steaks are a thin cut of meat there are some special preparations that you must do when you plan on grilling cube steaks as they can get tough if not prepared properly. You will need to marinate your cube steaks for at least two hours prior to grilling. You can use your favorite marinating sauce for this.
1. To prepare your grill for cooking your cube steaks you will need to add a small amount of oil to prevent your cube steaks from sticking to the grill.
2. Assuming that you have marinated your cube steaks properly place them on your grill and cook them thoroughly. Make sure that you turn the cube steaks over so that both sides are evenly cooked.
3. You can add onion, mushrooms or green peppers to the top of the cube steaks while grilling for added flavor choices.
4. Remove the cube steaks from the grill and serve. You can serve them on toasted buns for a hamburger alternative.
Cooking Cube Steaks In A Crock Pot
When you are looking for a meal that you can prepare in a crock pot or slow cooker so that they are done when returning home from work or from running errands do not count out cube steaks.
1. You will first need to cook your cube steaks in a skillet on the stove by cooking them for about 5 minutes on each side. This process helps to lock in the flavors.
2. Cut your cube steaks into stripes or in half for cooking in crock pots.
3. Cover the cube steaks with water and any added flavors you may want to incorporated into your cube steak dishes. This can include mushrooms, onions, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste or any other flavors you may want.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Leave a Comment