Pork chops can be cooked in the oven, if you know how to do it. In order to get started with your pork chops, you will need to purchase some pork chops. It doesn’t matter if the pork chops are boneless or have the bone. If the bone is already on the pork chop, you can easily cut it off when you get started. You will also need salt and pepper, onions, green peppers, aluminum foil, and cooking grease. Adding vegetables such as carrots and potatoes are optional.
1. Thaw the pork chops overnight in the refrigerator or on a clean counter top in a tight bag. You can also put the frozen pork chops in some cold water and let it set for a few minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Let the oven get hot for at least 10 minutes before placing the pork chops in the oven.
3. Cut some onion and green peppers real fine. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
4. If you plan on adding potatoes or carrots, peel and clean them. Cut them in little pieces and place in a bowl.
5. Wash your hands with soap and warm water before handling the meat. Also make sure your work surface is clean by cleaning off the surface with bleach.
6. Wash your pork chops off real good in hot water. You can cut the fat and bone off if you choose.
7. Season your pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Place in a large bowl.
8. Place aluminum foil in a cooking pan. Make sure the pan is wide enough, so that all of your pork chops can fit in it. Don’t let the aluminum foil hang out of the pan. Just cut enough that it will fit your pork chops and vegetables.
9. Lightly spray the aluminum foil with cooking spray or cooking grease. Your pork chops won’t stick to the foil.
10. Place your seasoned pork chops on top of the aluminum foil. Place your cut up onions and green peppers on top of each pork chop.
11. Place potatoes and/or carrots around the pork chops.
12. Put the pork chops in the oven and cook for one hour. After an hour, stick a fork or knife inside of the pork chop to see if it’s done. Do the same for your vegetables.
13. Once your pork chops are done, take them out of the oven with an oven mitten and let it set for 10 minutes. You are ready to eat and serve.