This is a great recipe for a “no-cook” pasta lasagna. This hearty traditional Italian meal is easy enough for a weeknight meal, and fancy enough to serve to a crowd at a party. A simple salad and a great bread will make this a complete meal. You can substitute Italian sausage for the ground beef if you prefer.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/2 lb. sliced mushroom (portobello or your favorite)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 package (8 oz.) lasagna noodles
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Romano and or Parmesan cheese (either one you like,or mix)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Brown ground beef or sausage in saucepan and drain off fat. Add onion and garlic and saute lightly. Stir in tomato juice, tomato paste, mushrooms, salt, pepper, parsley flakes, and Italian seasoning. Simmer for thirty minutes stirring occasionally.
Arrange half the uncooked noodleson the bottom of a 13″ x 9″- baking dish. Top with half of the meat sauce, ricotta cheese, Romano-Parmesan mixture, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering. Cover with foil; bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, let stand for 20 minutes before serving.