Canned green beans can go with any meal. If you want to add some spice to your canned green beans, you will need to get some meat, potatoes, salt, pepper, and onions. Your green beans will taste just like they were homemade.
1. Open up a can of green beans and place them in a small bowl and set aside. Don’t drain.
2. Cut up some onions fine and place in a small bowl. Cut the ham chips or leave them the way they are and place in another separate bowl.
3. Peel two small potatoes. Wash them in hot water and cut them in up small pieces.
4. Place the potatoes in a small cooking pan with water on medium-high heat. Cook them for an hour.
5. Place another cooking pan on the stove and place it on medium to get the pan warm for your green beans.
6. Pour the green beans in the pan and add your onions, ham chips, and a little bit of salt and pepper. When it comes to salt and pepper, you can add as much or little as you want. You can also add a spoonful of cooking grease to your green beans.
7. Stir and let it cook on medium, uncovered for 20 minutes. You want your meat and all the other flavors to get inside of the green beans.
8. Pour in a cup or two of water, if the water in the pan starts to seep out. You want to make sure that the ham chips are done before turning off the stove.
9. Check to see if the ham chips are done in 20 minutes. You can do a taste test by using a clean fork and taking out one of the ham chips and tasting it. If it tastes done, then you can turn the stove off. If not, cook a little bit more. It shouldn’t take longer than 20 minutes for the ham chips to cook.
10. Turn the green beans off and cover. Set them aside and wait until the potatoes are done.
11. Once the potatoes are done, drain, and add them to your green beans.
12. Pour the green beans in a heat-proof bowl. Don’t drain any of the juices. You want to keep all of the flavors inside of your green beans.
13. Stir and now you’re ready to serve your green beans.
14. Serve hot or let them cool for 10 minutes.