THF Forum Boards Forums Home Improvement Painting as a Family Activity

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  skyprix 1 year, 6 months ago. This post has been viewed 427 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    StyleDIY
    StyleDIY
    Participant

My husband works as an interior decor muralist and he works mostly on nurseries and children’s bedrooms. One time, he worked on his niece and nephew’s bedroom, and had the kids decorate the walls with him. They made hand prints and scribbles, and they actually used non-toxic finger paint for the hand prints. They loved it, and the outcome was fantastic! I know he has pictures somewhere, so when I find them, I’ll be sure to post them here.

Just make sure that when the kids are involved, to use non-toxic paints and wear protective clothing.

PricelessBevy
    PricelessBevy
    Participant

I’ve done some painting as a family activity but back then there were no kids.  Me and my brothers helped to paint the inside of my sister’s house. We painted the bathrooms and the master bedroom and our dad painted my niece’s bedroom. When we were done we had burgers from McDonald’s $1 menu

That was years ago, my sister has since sold the house.  I’m here imagining how the new homeowners probably hated our painting and changed the color immediately.

StyleDIY
    StyleDIY
    Participant

Sounds like a lot of fun, PricelessBevy! If the homeowners immediately repainted, I hope they at least sat down and wondered about the history of this unique piece of artwork! Ha! I’m sure it was awesome.

skyprix
    Participant

My sister usually did that on her room. We can’t call it a family bonding for she doesn’t want us to interfere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.